Search This Blog

Tuesday 28 December 2010

Back Up Your Work!

I am in deepest mourning for my external hard drive which expired on Christmas Eve. Archived on it was over 100 GB of work, photos and scanned engravings which I use for my features and books. I try to make hard back-ups on CD and DVD fairly regularly but can't be positive that I have got copies of absolutely everything. In the new year we will see if it's possible to recover some of the files, but I am not very hopeful! So a reminder to all my students - back up all your work at least once a week, more often if possible!

1 comment:

The Mole said...

My deepest sympathies, we have all been there.Getting into the habit is often learnt the hard way. Lightning may look pretty, but it is a computer killer and you can never get your files back :(