Search This Blog

Thursday 29 October 2009

Regency Cheshire


The long wait is over! Regency Cheshire will be available from tomorrow (30 October)!
Over the next few weeks I’ll be giving you some tasters of what's in the book, which would make a smashing Christmas or birthday present for anyone interested in Cheshire history. Amongst other things I’ll be looking at workers’ lives, fashions, the transport network, and the gossip and scandals during late Georgian times in Cheshire.

Image: The Temple in Eaton Hall gardens. Engraving for Ackermann’s Repository of Arts, October 1823. Author’s collection. This image was used for the cover of Regency Cheshire.

2 comments:

AustenOnly said...

My copy has just arrived yesterday courtesy of Amazon uk. I devoured it last night, having fond memories of Cheshire despite attending the College of Law there! Congratulations Sue on such a readable, informative and beautifully produced book.

Sue Wilkes said...

Dear Austenonly, thank you very much for taking the time to let me know you enjoyed my book! I was thrilled to see your comments.